Today in class we discussed the effects of the conference of Berlin that would ultimately decide what portions of Africa would belong to whom in Europe. In class we talked quite a bit about how the balanced relationship between Africa and Europe became so imbalanced over time. On Thursday we will discuss what happens next in the story of Africa after it was cut up and divided up.

Mr. McClung

2 thoughts on “Berlin”

1. Hello. My name is Ashleigh Strasser and I am in college at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I think it is great that you are learning about Africa and Europe and how imbalanced they have become over time. I am sure that your discussion on Thursday will be interesting to see what happens next. Thanks for sharing.

2. Hi my name is Vicki Nelson I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I was reading your post on the conference of Berlin and the decisions that need to be made on Africa. I was wondering if you could elaborate a little bit about the imbalance that you were talking about Africa and Europe. I haven’t been keeping up with it and I wrought you could collaborate on it some. I will see if I can some back a check to see what happens after Africa was cut up and divided in to two.