Lesson One: Take Care of Your Teeth

Bill Cosby always understands.

This week has been a rough one for me personally in the dental department. This week resulted in three trips to the dentist that climaxed with the possibility of having a cracked tooth…..yikes. I received a temporary crown with a long term crown coming in two weeks and received the wonderful news that I will require braces in the near future. By the time this is all over I will have more dental work that Paul Wall himself.…not to mention I’ll be the only 24 year old with braces. Great.

Lesson Two: Substitute Teacher Solutions

Because of the fact that I did miss some time from school this week due to my dentist visits, I had substitute teachers in my class frequently this week. The second day I was gone I was only planning on missing one period, so instead of having to leave a note with instructions to a sub I simply recorded a video lesson for the sub to show my students. This worked wonderfully. There was no miss-communication between myself and the sub and the students knew exactly what I expected of them because they were able to see the video with my instructions. This is definitely an approach I will use in the future.

Lesson Three: “I like to tape my thumbs to my hands to see what it’s like to be a dinosaur”

google 1I honestly believe that we have some of the brightest students in the state of Arkansas located here in Fayetteville. So bright in fact that they even teach me new things on a regular basis. With that said, this week they have really out done themselves. While working with the laptops in class this semester they have pointed out to me several of Google’s idiosyncrasies….and I would like to share those with you. On Thursday my students discovered that the most relevant search on Google for a phrase starting with “I like” is….

I like to tape my thumbs to my hands to see what it would be like to be a dinosaur.

Apparently this phrase started with a “25 Things You Don’t Know About Me” survey from Google and has gained a lot of popularity on the internet. Thus making it a very relevant search on Google.

google 2The second Google idiosyncrasy I would like to share is…..well, I’ll just like the picture speak for itself. Enjoy.

Mr. McClung