Lesson One – Baking Brownies

DSC00850This week at Woodland, many of my students were very busy putting together their “brownie project” that they were preparing for their career orientation and keyboarding classes. In these projects students learned how to market and sell brownies by creating their own line of brownies and selling them to teachers and other students. The group pictured above (Buzz Cut Brownies) created a line of brownies with a special caveat. All proceeds from their sale were donated to our Race for the Cure Team, which totaled up to $53. These girls did an excellent job and the amount they raised completely overshadowed all other groups doing this project. These ladies did a great job with their project and ultimately are helping us towards our class goal of $500 for the Susan G. Komen Foundation.

Lesson Two – March Madness

It’s that time of year again, it’s time to fill out the brackets and act like your disappointed when you pick only 25% of the games correctly at the end of the first round. That’s right, it’s March Madness. Millions of people will be glued to the TV this weekend as 64 college teams go at it in the NCAA National Championship Tournament. While my Razorbacks will not be included in this years tournament (shocker), I will be one of those millions that will hooked to tournament basketball this weekend.

Lesson Three – Spring Break…It’s About Time

Friday marks the end of our 3rd quarter of school which also means that this next week we will not be in school due to spring break. This break could not come at a better time and trust me, it’s much needed. This coming week I will not blogging due to the simple fact I will be on vacation and there is no way I am going to work at all. Instead I have a stock pile of student blog posts that I will be releasing over the course of the next week. So while I will be enjoy my break, you can enjoy work from my students.

One thought on “Lessons Learned”

1. Congratulations on earning $53 towards your goal of $500 for Race for The Cure. I support that fundraiser every year. I take it the brownies were good, and wish I had some my self at this point. I enjoyed your post I am commenting as a assignment for my EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama you can visit my class blog if you would like at http://mcnairbrookedm310.blogspot.com