Lesson One -World Cup Soccer

flagsWith the World Cup fast approaching, students in my school have started to show their true allegiances. My first period class has quickly become a battle ground for soccer as myself and two other students root for our respective countries. Of course I pull for the United States, Harvey (pictured ….) pulls for his native home England, and Alondra is sticking true to her roots as she is pulling for Mexico in this years World Cup. Over the past couple of weeks debate has started to pick up as the US has drawn a match with England in the opening round and England also recently beat Mexico in a friendly. With the opening round coming up in early June, my only regret is the fact that we will no longer be in school to talk trash about soccer…U-S-A!

Lesson Two -Finals Week

This week marks the end of our regular school year and brings on the beginning of finals week next week. Students will be done with regularly scheduled class and begin cramming for their semester test this next week which will officially mark the end of the school year and the start of summer vacation. Students, make sure you take care of your business and prepare for your finals!

Lesson Three – The Last Lesson of The Year

cropped-joeblogheader4This is it…we are almost to the end and that means that this is our last lessons learned of the school year. This feature of our blog has been regularly featured since last semester and has proven to be a huge success with readers and my students. But like all good things it does have to come to an end for now…that means no more lessons learned and no more Friday songĀ  (Arcade Fire) until the fall. Stay tuned for more farewell blog post and finishing touches for this school year. Until next school year, act like you know.

Mr. McClung

3 thoughts on “Lessons Learned”

1. I love the fact that during the World Cup, students are encouraged to celebrate their own heritage. Good for you. While you are all cheering on your teams, we will be cheering for ours. GO CANADA GO!……do we even have a team?

Check out our class blog at http://www.rps110.blogspot.com/

1. Afraid not….I don’t think Canada will be in South Africa unless they decide to put in a hockey rink next door. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, I really appreciate it and I will be sure to return the favor.

2. Hey, My name is Kathryn Cummins. I attend the University of South Alabama in Mobile Alabama. I really enjoyed reading this blog. I think it’s great that the whole class is involved in soccer. I love watching soccer.