Lesson One – Full Head of Steam

128582153029SusanGKomen_OzarkThis week marks our second week of fundraising for Susan G. Komen for the Cure, and after two weeks here is how our leader board looks in our class competition…

• History 6 – $300
  • Cross Country – $155
  • History 5 – $50
  • History 2 – $50

There is good and bad news associated with this score board, first of all it’s great that we have been able to raise over $600 so far (other funds are not listed above), but it’s not so great that only 3 of my 6 classes have gotten involved with the fundraising efforts…however, there is still plenty of time. We have 21 days left until we close out our fundraiser, so make sure if you’re planning on donating to take care of your business. Thanks to everyone that has donated so far, and this years fundraiser looks like it will likely exceed our expectations.

Lesson Two – Tis The Season

Fundraising pixIn a continuation of lesson one, I found out this week that apparently spring is the season for fundraising. Right now there are several fundraisers going on in our school and many of children running around looking to hit unsuspecting adults up for their money to be donated to the cause that they represent…and I’m about to add another fundraiser to this continually growing list. Starting next week my cross country students will begin their spring fundraiser to raise money for next seasons team. My 9th grade students will be working with the Northwest Arkansas Naturals (local minor league baseball team) to sell tickets to the game. The Naturals have been kind enough to allow us to keep half of the profits raised by ticket sells to be donated to our cross country team…so, if you’re looking to attend a game on May 8th I know a guy that can get you some good seats.

Lesson Three – Benchmark Testing

33newbook-newyorker-cartoon2Next week we will be benchmark testing Tuesday through Friday. Students, please make sure that you are aware of your schedule as well as all of the testing procedures that go along with the enjoyable experience of standardized testing.

Mr. McClung