Lesson One – Black Tie Affair

McClungsConsider yourself notified…the McClungs are coming on June 3rd. Since I made the announcement a couple of weeks ago my students have been very interested in what exactly the McClungs are. Last year following our annual 8th grade awards assembly I noticed that a small population of our students are recognized for the hard work they put in each year…with this in mind I decided to create my own awards ceremony, and the McClungs were born. The selection process for these awards are very complicated; first of all I sit down with a class roster and a piece of paper and come up with the first 10 awards I can think of and those are the winners. All together this process takes about 20 minutes, but the ceremony will be something very remember-able. So, mark your calendars and get ready for the fanciest award show of them all…The McClungs

Lesson Two – Magic Carpet

CARPETIt has been a pretty good week. On Wednesday I celebrated my 26th birthday and my students have really gone out of their way to celebrate my birthday. So far this week I have had some form of birthday sweets for three straight days (provided by students) and I have also received several gifts as well…but non more unique than the rug I received from our favorite Persian, Aria.

Lesson Three – XC Newcomers

This week we have been geeking the beginning of our cross country practices. This week we began holding practice for all newcomers to get accumulated to training for cross country. Not only have our new runners shown up but a large majority of our returning team has been attending the practices as well. We will continue with our newcomers practices for the rest of the school year as we prepare for summer workouts.

Lesson Four – End of the Stock Market Challenge

le_floor_de_Wall_streetToday we concluding our stock market challenge in which we bought stocks in various companies, for fake, and then attempted to turn a profit. Today a small group of our students will be cashing in our their stock market gold and the rest will likely receive the heartbreaking news that their stock is not doing so hot.