Lesson One – Sick Day

As I was laying on my bathroom floor yesterday looking up at the ceiling, I quickly realized that I’m not a fan of sick days. Yesterday I was out of school the entire day with a terrible stomach bug, which was my first sick day I’ve ever taken while teaching…and hopefully it is the last one for a while.

Lesson Two – Crazy Hat Day

Today our students will be taking part in “crazy hat day” which goes to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Students are allowed to wear a hat to school today if they have brought in a 1 dollar donation for JDRF. This is a great event for our school and we usually get a really good turn out. This fundraiser for JDRF leads up to the Walk to Cure Diabetes tomorrow at the University of Arkansas…which is an outstanding event and I highly recommend everyone turn out and show some support.

Lesson Three – Kansas City Bound

Today we will be taking our first AVID field trip as we travel to Kansas City to attend an AVID student leadership meeting and watch Sporting Kansas City play against the Philadelphia Union…Which means I will be out of school for a second day in a row. Despite being sick yesterday this is one event that I didn’t want to miss, it will be a great opportunity for us to take an exciting trip with our AVID kids and give them a great opportunity to meet other AVID students from the regional area.