In the past week we have been focusing on writing professional letters. We have been using this method of writing to contact schools, local businesses, and leaders in our community to help us with several upcoming projects that we have going on. Students have been working together on service learning projects and have discovered how useful the art of writing actually is.

Mr. McClung

4 thoughts on “Writing a Letter”

1. I am a student in EDM310 at The University of South Alabama. I think it is great you are teaching your students how to write professional letters. I remember when I was in middle school that was one of my favorite things we got to do was write letters to other schools and get their responses. I hope you continue to help your students with critical things such as writing letters. In my class we are learning so much about how to use technology in the classroom, but at the same time kids should know concepts like writing a letter.

2. Hello,
    I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama, and I must say, the benefits of learning to write a professional letter are endless! Not only do will they showcase the fantastic ability of our students, but also they can encourage community leaders to take an active role in helping schools out in a big way! Grant writing is similar in that assistance is requested, and grants have made many wonderful events, places and ongoing projects possible!
    Your students are learning a valuable skill, and I wish you all much success with your upcoming projects! I hope to hear all about them soon!

3. Mr. McClung,

My name is Alyssa Jackson, and I am a student in Dr. Strange’s EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I think that is it a really great idea that you are working with your students on writing professional letters, and using that method to write letters to the schools, and other places and people. The writing will deferentially help the students in the future. Thank you for all of your hard work.

Alyssa Jackson

4. Mr. McClung,
    I have found your blog a very interesting one to peruse. I love how involved with your students you are. I believe teaching them to write professional letters is a fantastic skill that can be used now and for years to come. This is wonderful way to get your community involved with the school which gives your children yet another audience. Creative!