Lesson One – Stay Here As Long As You Can…

Being a grownup is not very fun. This week has been a little bit trying for me, as a person who tries his best to impersonate a grownup, as I have recently had issues in my personal life…not major, just stressful. I would like to remind my students of the wisdom that Billy Madison once offered up. Cherish your time in jr. high and stay here as long as you can…don’t grow up.

Lesson Two – Strange Comments

It’s that time of the year again when we start to receive a sudden influx of comments from a group of college students at the University of South Alabama. Dr. Strange is a professor at the USA and as apart of their requirements for the course that he teaches he requires his students to read my classblog and leave comments on various posts. I always enjoy hearing from students, pre-service teachers, and the insights they have to share.

Lesson Three – The Onion

I’m always looking for creditable news sources to introduce to my students since we talk about current events issues on a weekly basis. Which is exactly why today I decided today would be a good day to introduce my students to  The Onion…which I would highly recommend that you check it out if you are not familiar with the site. Today in class I shared with my students a parody article from the Onion about a customer who is upset with IHOP and decides to post 95 comment cards to the door of his local IHOP…just like our good friend Martin Luther. Sharing articles form The Onion with my students provides a nice change of pace to the usual content that we are faced with in social studies on a regular basis.

Mr. McClung

2 thoughts on “Lessons Learned”

1. My name is Darrius Mooney and I’m an student at the University of South Alabama in EDM 310. I really enjoyed your post and I also agree with the idea of cherishing your youth. Sometimes I wish that I could go back and time and relive some of my glory days, although I’m only 20 I feel like I have been a grown up forever.

2. Hello, my name is Courtney Williams, and I am a student at The University of South Alabama. I enjoyed lesson one of your post! I sometimes wish I could go back in time and not be so stressed at college! It is a good point in Billy makes in the movie! Also thanks for enjoying our EDM 310 comments!