Lesson One – The Puppy Was a Dog

Yesterday I shared my students one of my favorite movie clips from Billy Madison. It was the clip where Billy rambles on about the industrial revolution and how it was similar to a story called “The Puppy That Lost His Way”. At some point during the clip the comment came up that it would be funny if one of our students just so happen to say a version of this movie clip during our upcoming Woodland Basketball pep rally…it did happen and it was quite funny. It’s a little difficult to hear, but the video above is of Blake from 2nd period addressing the crowd and reciting the “Puppy Who Lost His Way” speech.

Lesson Two – Major Award

I’m a huge fan of Christmas movies, and specifically a huge fan of the movie “A Christmas Story”. In the movie there is a scene where the father receives an award, which turns out to be a lamp in the shape of a woman’s leg. The Leg Lamp has become an iconic image from this movie and have left many people, like myself, longing to have one for themselves. Up until now I have not purchased one because of the fact a replica is very expensive and hard to find.

Enter Wallgreen’s.

The other night I was shopping around Wallgreen’s and noticed that they sell replica 20″ tall leg lamps, for the low price of 29.99…they are practically giving them away. After receiving approval from my wife, I bought one and now proudly display in in my classroom for the holiday season.

Lesson Three – Mason and The Ruler

Mason is probably the world’s most distracted child, and his weakness is rulers. For one reason or another, he really enjoys playing with rulers in my class and it completely consumes him. Earlier this week his ruler was broke in half by the very sinister Katherine of 4th period. Mason was crushed. So I decided to help Mason out and give him a new ruler that he can play with that so happens to also be a flex ruler…and Mason rejoiced.