Lesson One – 9/11/01

Much like many other schools around the nation, today we will be observing the events of 9/11/01. We will be having a school wide observation and paying tribute to those that lost their lives on that day in September. In my class we will be sharing stories of 9/11, for me it will be a “I know where I was” story and for my students it will be a “my parents said…” story. Nevertheless, it will be a great day for all us to come together and remember those that lost their lives that day and how it felt to be that vulnerable.

Lesson Two – Forget Something?

So…funny story. I went to visit a friend in Wyoming (15 hours away) this past weekend for Labor Day, and when I left his house I kinda forgot my backpack…which had all of my school stuff in it. Not a good move at all. This entire week I have been winging it without my lesson plans and graded quiz that belong to my students. Nevertheless, it should be here before the weekend comes and I will be very happy when it does arrive. Thanks again Andy.

Lesson Three – Blogging it Up

This week I have introduced my kids to a usual fan favorite with my students…blogging. This week my students used the website Kidblog.org to complete a writing prompt assignment about different types of economies.

Lesson Four – Fire Hazard

I’ve received many compliments in the past on the decorations of my classroom, but this week I found out that my awesome decorations are not so awesome. Apparently my room is a fire hazard waiting to happen because you are not suppose to have fabric within 18 inches of the ceiling…good to know 3 years later. Nevertheless, I will eventually have to come up with an alternative to my jersey wall and devise some new plan.