Above is a picture of a couple of my students checking the tags on each others clothing during an activity we called “Where’s it Made?” During this activity, students were asked to move about the room and survey different objects and find out what country was it made it. This was all apart of conversation about globalization. Globalization is the term used to refer specifically to economic globalization: the integration of national economies into the international economy through trade, investment, migration, and the spread of technology.

Students were asked to return home over the weekend and find ten objects in their rooms and record where they were made. On Monday, we will continue our talk about globalization and more importantly how it affects us here in Arkansas.

2 thoughts on “Globalization”

1. It is quite amazing how much more aware of globalization I am thanks to my class blog and to social networking sites like twitter. I regularly have conversations with people throughout the world. These conversations have been extremely valuable to me as a teacher. Just today I received an email from Turkey from the site BeFunky.com because I wrote a post that my students will use to create pictures of themselves for their class Grou.ps. How cool is that!

Mr. C