For the past month my students have been maintaining a timeline that highlights some of the high points of world hisotry from from 1300 – modern times. If you are anything like me, when you hear the word “timeline” you automatically think about tons of paper that include historical points of reference that take forever to cut and paste to complete. However, my students have been using an online tool that eliminates all the hassle of traditional timelines.

Timetoast is a website that allows you to create timelines that you can add to your blog or website. You can create historical timelines of important events or a timeline of any events for that matter. By using Timetoast this provided many advantages for my students. Timetoast automatically saves and can be access from any computer at anytime, it also automatically organizes events in chronologically order, allows students to submit their timelines via e-mail, and of course there is absolutely no paper, glue, or scissors involved!

Timetoast is an excellent tool and could be of great use to any history teacher or student. It has defiantly changed the way that we approach the logging of historical events and has made organization of important dates and events much easier. Check out the example from one of my students displayed at the top of the post.

6 thoughts on “World History Timelines”

1. I agree with you because when I hear timelines I think about history. I really liked your blog page and I wanted you to check out my blog page this is the site to get there: Lady Bee’s page