DSC00565No matter if you are 7 or 70, everyone has a “team”. You know that team that you have followed since you were a kid, or maybe a team that you remember watching your with your parents on TV growing up. It could be local high school team, the team of your former college, or even a pro team on the other side of the country, we all love being able to cheer for “our team”.

With that in mind, last week I decided to bring back the weekly celebration of Jersey Friday.  All this means is that you simply show up to work or school wearing a jersey from your favorite sporting team…that simple. Pictured above is a student from my 7th hour science class sporting a Chivas Jersey, her favorite futbol club, and I’m sporting a Club America Jersey, Chivas’ rival.

Jersey Friday is all about having fun and showing your true colors by supporting your favorite team…plus I’m a sucker for theme days. I would like to invite everyone to join us in Jersey Friday and we would like to hear from you as well. Please drop leave us a comment and tell us about your favorite team or club…we would love to hear from you!

Mr. McClung

4 thoughts on “The Return of Jersey Friday”

1. I will 100% be taking some photo’s for Jersey Friday from New Zealand (of course it will be Thursday in the USA because we’re a day ahead but I digress). When I used to teach in Auckland, the traditional rivals of Waikato at Rugby Union I’d dress in full Waikato Supporters gear at times including a six foot long flag, jersey scarf etc and also have one of my cowbells that are rung to support the Waikato team (occasionally two one in each hand)sure did get some strange looks when I was on after school duty across the road at the local shops. What has happened to tie Tuesday?

2. You will be sad to hear that we no longer get to wear jeans on Fridays. This of course makes it difficult to do any themed days. My favorite jersey is my Hammerin’ Hank Aaron Braves jersey followed closely by my game worn #50 Arkansas Football jersey.

3. First of all, that really sucks you don’t get to wear jeans on Fridays….a big boooo on that decision. Second, it’s hard to beat the legendary Aaron when your talking about best jerseys…classic!

One other thing, Mr. Webb you gotta tell me where I can get a rugby jersey that doesn’t cost a fortune. I would love to have one but everything online is really expensive….surely you know where I can find a good deal on a jersey.