Your band of the week is The White Stripes

The White Stripes are an American rock duo, formed in 1997 in Detroit, Michigan. The group consists of songwriter Jack White (vocals, guitar, piano, and once bass) and Meg White (drums and occasional vocals).

After releasing several singles and three albums within the Detroit independent music underground, The White Stripes rose to prominence in 2002, as part of the garage rock revival scene. Their successful albums White Blood Cells and Elephant drew them attention from a large variety of media outlets in the United States and the United Kingdom. The White Stripes use a low-fidelity, do-it-yourself approach to writing and recording. Their music features a melding of punk and blues influences and a raw simplicity of composition, arrangement, and performance.

The White Stripes’ discography consists of six studio albums, two extended plays (EP), one concert film, 26 singles and fourteen music videos. The band has sold approximately 12 million albums worldwide, two million in the US alone, and their latest three albums have each won the Grammy Award for Best Alternative Music Album. You can check out their song “Fell in Love With a Girl” below.

Mr. McClung

2 thoughts on “The White Stripes”

1. HI,

I’m a 6th grade teacher in Vermont and stumbled upon your blog. It looks great, and I especially like your Band of the Week. I might rip-off that idea.

Anyway, my students began blogging this week, and if you and your students are interested we invite you to visit. Here’s a link to our class webpage, with hyperlinks to all the kids’ blogs.

http://fbus6.weebly.com/our-blogs.html

Thanks,
    Charlie
    @PJVermont

1. Steal away! Really glad that you stumbled up us, I’ll be sure to check your blog out as well.