Panda is sad, much like Arkansas
Panda is sad, much like Arkansas
How’s it going Woodland? My name is Kelly, and my teacher has asked me to write a blog post on one of the three choices he gave us. I chose to write about why I think that Arkansas is the 48th happiest state.
The Criteria includes:

• Include a title
• One piece of media
• No more than 250 words

I think that the reason we are considered to be unhappy is because of the economic fall that the U.S.A is having right now. Having financial problems is always a depressing thing. It leads to harder work hours and less family time. That is one of the big reasons, but there are also multiple smaller reasons.
One of the smaller reasons is the amount of high school dropouts we have right now. In a recent count we have an average of 30 percent, Out of that thirty percent, 60% percent of them are men.
Another reason I think that we have such an unhappy state is because we have such poor Job rates right now. Not that many people have a job, and it is getting increasingly harder to find a job.
Emotional health is a big problem in Arkansas right now. Mental and Emotional health institutions, such as Vista Health, are full with Young teens and adults that are in need of help.
Physical health is also a big problem in Arkansas. Many people have become over weight or obese. This can also lead to big emotional and self-esteem problems, which in concurrence can lead to more emotional cases .
I think that this all is a big factors in why Arkansas is considered unhappy. Thanks for reading, and have a great day Woodland Junior High!

Kelly W.

2 thoughts on “Happiness Survey”

1. Kelly, Great post about why Arkansas is the 48th happiest state. It makes me want to know where my state, Alabama, is. I am a student at the University of South Alabama and I am taking a technology class. Through my assignments I have been assigned to read various posts by students like you. Yours has been one of the best so far. Keep up the good work.
    Pam