the spoon tells all
the spoon tells all

Mr. McClung has given us an assignment to do a blog post.  We could choose from three topics and I chose why Arkansas was rated the 48th happiest state.

Wow, I knew that Arkansas wasn’t ranked the smartest, or the wealthiest, or ranked highly in most things but I always thought we were happy!  In a recent study, Arkansas was ranked the 48th most happy state which is extremely upsetting.  Here are a few reasons why I think we are so sad 🙁

• In Arkansas, a lot of jobs are based around large companies or farming, which are both businesses that aren’t doing well.
  • Arkansas is known as a “fat” or “unhealthy” state ( I found that in another study)
  • Many Arkansans think that education is not being put high enough on the list of “to do’s”

But, there is definitely light ahead!  We could easily make our state happier by being proactive in the school systems, getting in shape, and working hard.

Not enough you say? Well, sometimes going back to the basics of working hard for the things you have is enough to make everything right!

Be Glad Arkansas!

Logan D.

One thought on “Don’t be mad, get GLAD!”

1. Thank you for your comment. I am interested in the notion of “happy” as a concept. I am a teacher in east-central Minnesota and I think you and your classmates have inspired me to challenge my own 6th Grade students to write about “happy” and perhaps other terms used in studying human nature. Thank you. Keep up the good work.