Mr. McClung has asked me to do a blog post on this subject: The debate on traditional education vs. the modern way of educating.

I think that the contemporary way of educating is better than the traditional way. I am a strong believer that we as people should work on building up our strengths, instead of building up our weaknesses.  For example, if I am good at basketball but I am bad baseball, I would work on my basketball skills getting even better, and here’s why. If I’m good at one thing and bad at another (which we are all), and I work on making my weakness better, than that makes me all around good. However, if I work on my strength getting even better, than I am great at it. We stand out to people by being the best at something, not by being well rounded and average. Think about this, if we are great at one thing, than that is what will make us a lot of money. If you are good at one thing, it will only make you an average living. And yes, average is okay with some people, but not for me.

Jared C.

2 thoughts on “Traditional vs. Contemporary”

1. Hey Jared! I am from Dr. Strange’s EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama. I think that you made a very good point. I have never really thought about it like that. If I am good at piano and bad at painting, then I should really focus on succeeding in piano! I think you are right about contemporary learning! Not that traditional is bad, but we have come up with new ways to learn that are more effective and we should use them! Thanks for letting me read and comment on your post!

2. Hey Jared! I am from Dr. Strange’s EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama. I think that you made a very good point. I have never really thought about it like that. If I am good at piano and bad at painting, then I should really focus on succeeding in piano! I think you are right about contemporary learning! Not that traditional is bad, but we have come up with new ways to learn that are more effective and we should use them! Thanks for letting me read and comment on your post!