At last the day is here! I would like to use this post to welcome you to Fayetteville and welcome you to our class blog as well.

My name is Joe McClung and I am an 8th grade teacher at Woodland Jr. High in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Our class blog is dedicated to blogging about current happenings in my science and social studies classes. Our class blog features use of student-led educational videos, reflective student & teacher blog post, sharing of resources, and featured class assignments. However, our website is not just limited to sharing resources; the ultimate value of blogging lies in the collaboration with an international community of learners.

My students have been able to look inside of classrooms on the other side of the world and even share experiences with students from another country. As a teacher, I’ve been able to use blogging to connect to some of the most creative and intelligent teachers across the globe. Our blog has far transcended the purpose of traditional blogging; instead it has become the ultimate learning tool for my students and me. Please feel free to browse around and see what we have to offer, and please check out the voicethread located at the top of this post…teachers from around the world took time to reflect on what exactly is so valuable about classroom blogging.

Mr. McClung