Mr. McClung has asked me to write a blog post about this topic: Forbes Magazine has recently ranked Fayetteville as the number seven best town with a college in it, and he wants to know what I value about Fayetteville.

I value a lot of things about Fayetteville. For one, it is in fact the home of the Razorbacks. That makes our city full of excitement, because we hog fans are very passionate about our sports. To prove the point, Bud Walton Arena (where the Razorbacks play basketball) is ranked the tenth hardest place to play in NCAA March Madness 2010.

One of the things Forbes ranks towns on is overall success of the athletic program. Some may argue that Arkansas isn’t very good in any sport, but they couldn’t be further from the truth. Our football program is recovering from some tough times, but we have a winning season for a couple years in a row now, not to mention we just won the Liberty Bowl against East Carolina. Our basketball program is a little skippy, but once they figure out how to play with their heads, we can be very good. Last year, we beat Texas and Oklahoma back to back, and they were both ranked in the top ten.

Jared C.