Lesson One – Speed Traps

photoViolator…that’s what I am. Never in my life had it more more clear that I Joseph K. McClung am indeed a violator. Late last night (11:05 pm…according to my ticket) I was driving to my home from a short trip to Mountain View, AR (hometown) when one of Rogers’ finest decided that I was a menace to society and needed to be pulled over and told what for. That’s right, your boy had been issued a speeding ticket for driving 45 in a 25 mph construction zone at 11:05 in the evening. Thank goodness that police officer was hard at work patrolling that short stretch of highway or I might have accidentally hit one of those innocent construction workers that was hard at work improving our county roads…oh wait, IT WAS ELEVEN O’CLOCK AT NIGHT AND THERE WERE NO WORKERS! While I know the importance of driving the speed limit, I think it’s safe to say this officer knew all to well what he was doing when captured  this poor innocent school teacher in his speed trap.

Lesson Two – Home Improvement

Tim the Toolman Taylor Understands My Pain

This week I have had quite a bit of free time on my hands, which can mean only one thing…mile long chore list from my wife. This entire week I have had tons of tasks that range from laundry, house cleaning, yard work, installing a sound system in our house, and installing a new refrigerator just to name a few. While many people are having a very restful spring break mine has some how produced even more work.

Lesson Three – Old Friends

101_0072
Mr. C's 3rd Hour Class...and Former Students of Mine

I have also spent some time this week catching up with some old friends as well. I took a day visit to my home town of Mountain View, AR and got to see my family along with some old friends that I had not seen in years. In addition, I also got the opportunity to visit my old school of employment Noel, MO. I spent half a day observing Mr. C’s class and catching up with some of my former students. This week has been a much needed week of rest for myself and I’m ready to get back to work this coming week…hope everyone else enjoyed their week break as well.