This entry was originally posted back in February, but in light of Jamie Oliver’s new show I felt like it was appropriate to repost…enjoy!

Recently Mr. Lamshed featured this video of Jamie Oliver on his blog. The video was in response to their weekly “Fresh Fruit Friday”, this is a weekly event where his students bring in fresh fruit at the end of the week and basically have a healthy snack. This is creative spin on the tradition of teachers handing out treats (usually sugary junk) to their students.

While I’m not sure that I will be incorporating Fresh Fruit Friday with my classes, it is still a great reminder  that we need to take time to take care of our bodies by eating proper foods such as fruits, veggies, and lean meats. Being a PE major in college and a person that is a survivor of obesity, I wish that I would have had the proper nutritional education that Mr. Lamshed is sharing with his students.

2 thoughts on “Time Out For Nutrition”

1. Hi there from Dunedin NZ! I work with a group of Year 5/6 children who are coming back from the 2 week holiday. Blogging is very new to them….
    Your blog has featured on our blog roll as a fantastic example. This term, we have a new focus – commenting and sharing our thoughts… Over the next few weeks the Scoopers will be adding comments – please encourage them but also ask them for more detail if it is needed. In other words, are you guys up to give feedback on our feedback???

We would love to see you visit our blog if you get time!

1. Absolutely! Can’t wait to hear from your students and share those comments with mine.