Pictures of my classroom the day before the start of school.

Here I am on yet another new school year eve and I can’t go to sleep because I have too many things running through my mind. It’s actually kinda like that feeling you get when your a kid right before school starts…you’re nervous and you just want the day to get here.

After making my final walk-though of my classroom at 8 o’clock this evening, I finally decided that I had to regain a portion of my sanity and remove myself from school after a 13 hour work day. I suppose the reason that I get so excited is because it’s a new beginning. No other job in the world allows you to start over fresh every August; teaching is the only profession that allows you such an opportunity. Every year, when August roles around, I get full of all kinds of new ideas and inspired by great workshops and I can’t wait to try them out in my own classroom. I’m definitely geeked up about our first day of school tomorrow and for now all I can do is think about what possibilities this new year will hold.

One thought on “First Day Jitters”

1. I was really nervous before school started at one point I acctually thought I was going to throw up but once I acctually met my teachers I felt a lot better!