Hockey is your band of the week.

Let’s be honest, there is a lot of music out there…and with so much music out there there is no way that you as students can possibly have the time to filter through what’s good and what stinks…and that’s where I come in. Every Monday the first couple of minutes of our class is devoted to new music that is worth your time. I comb through my collection each week and bring you music worth listening to in an effort to provide proper music education along with that social studies stuff we do all the other time.

Hockey is an American Indie rock band from Portland, Oregon. The band consists of singer Benjamin Grubin, guitarist Brian Stuart White, bassist Jeremy Reynolds, drummer Anthony Stassi and touring keyboardist Ryan Dolliver, and have been compared in their sound to bands such as The Strokes and LCD Soundsystem. They released a home-made EP Mind Chaos in 2008 which attracted attention from the likes of Radio 1 DJ Zane Lowe, and the band are now signed to Capitol Records in the US and Virgin Records in the UK.

Their music has been featured in commercials, video games, and on late night TV. You can check out their song “Too Fake” by clicking on the icon below…enjoy your new music Monday.