Lesson One – Going the Distance

PA010070This week our cross country team competed at the Wildcat Invitational held in Bentonville, Arkansas. At this meet we were able to walk away with our first trophy of the year, our Jr. High boys (7th and 8th grade) received 3rd place in their division…this is excellent for us considering the fact that we were short on runners and we had injuries to deal with. This was a fantastic accomplishment for our team and shows that there is a bright future ahead for Woodland Running.

Lesson Two – New Kids on the Block

PA010072Starting this week you will notice an influx of blog post coming into my website that are not from me. Each year I choose 1-3 students from each of my history classes to become student bloggers to my website, so when a blog post assignment is given in my class these student write their post on my blog instead of using our Kidblog site. This has proven to be a excellent way to publish my student’s work each time we do a post…in the next week you can expect to see their post about the Great Depression start to make appearances.

Lesson Three – Bikes, Blues, and BBQ

Sometime around 7am on Wednesday morning it started…the heavy traffic, the smell of gasoline in the air, and the loud rumbling of motorcycles constantly. This weekend marks the annual Bikes, Blues, and BBQ rally here in Fayetteville and it continues to become larger and larger each year. People from all over the United States roll in to Fayetteville during this time of year. For many people this means an exciting weekend is coming up, but for me it means I will probably be spending a lot of time at the house trying to avoid the traffic.

Lesson Four – Choose Your Bookmark Wisely

photoThe picture on the bookmark (seen to your left) may or may not belong to a student in my 4th period class, who may or may not have left it in plan sight of me during class…I really can’t tell you for sure. Let’s say that after I found this picture that may or may not be in my 4th period class I did what any great teacher would do…I gave him a hard time about the fact he was using a bookmark that featured a picture of him from 3 years ago. Like I said before, can’t exactly say who this person may be…but, just remember to choose your bookmark wisely.

Mr. McClung