Radiohead is your band of the week.

Radiohead are an English rock band from Abingdon, Oxfordshire, formed in 1985. The band consists of Thom Yorke , Jonny Greenwood, Ed O’Brien , Colin Greenwood and Phil Selway.

Radiohead released their first single, “Creep”, in 1992. The song was initially unsuccessful, but it became a worldwide hit several months after the release of their debut album, Pablo Honey (1993). Radiohead’s popularity rose in the United Kingdom with the release of their second album, The Bends (1995). Radiohead’s third album, OK Computer (1997), propelled them to greater international fame. Featuring an expansive sound and themes of modern alienation, OK Computer has often been acclaimed as a landmark record of the 1990s.

Radiohead’s work has appeared in a large number of listener polls and critics’ lists. In 2005, Radiohead were ranked number 73 in Rolling Stone’s list of “The Greatest Artists of All Time”. While the band’s earlier albums were influential on British rock and pop music, musicians in a wide variety of genres have been influenced by their later work. You can listen to their song titled “Jigsaw Falling into Place” by clicking on the icon below.

One thought on “Jigsaw Falling Into Place”

1. Mr. McClung,
    Hello my name is Ellie and I am currently taking a class called EDM310 taught by Dr. Strange at the University of South Alabama. I was assigned to comment on you blog, this day in particular. I have heard of radiohead but didn’t know much about them. I thought your post was very informative and you had me interested in the band. I tried to listen to the link you had but couldn’t get it to work so I listened to the song on youtube.com. This band has a great sound, it’s different which I really enjoyed. I think you have a great blog and it is very up to date with current events. Good luck with your cross country team! If you want to see my blog you can go to irishjonesellie.edm310.blogspot.com
    Thanks again,
    Ellie