Lesson One – Last Ditch Effortcompare

Does Spam count as a performance enhancing substance?

With the 2010 edition of the Woodland Flex-Off mercifully coming to an end, it’s time to get in those last minute votes before the contest ends. Students, don’t forget to bring your money to vote on your favorite faculty flex. As of right now the top two include myself and Coach Ariola, but the contest is still ongoing so we need you to vote and vote often…don’t forget that all the money you donate goes to The United Way.

Lesson Two – All Time Best

learning progressThis week we reached a couple of milestones in our learning progress for the semester. Our 4th period social studies class reached an all time personal best by scoring a 53% and we also saw a new all time record set. My 6th period students managed to score a whopping 76%, this is by far the highest score for the school year. The reaction by our students have been very positive when it comes to our weekly ten and it really helps ensure that we are retaining the information that is being presented in class.

Lesson Three – Beat Ramay Week

This upcoming week marks our annual Beat Ramay Week. Ramay is the rival junior high school here in Fayetteville and is the biggest rivalry that we have here at Woodland. This time of year the town is clearly divided by people that went to Ramay and Woodland. To celebrate our biggest game of the year we will be having a spirit week were students will dress up in various outfits depending on what the theme for the day is. Stay tuned for more information about our spirit days to come next week, BEAT RAMAY!

2 thoughts on “Lessons Learned”

1. Hi, I am a student in Dr. Strange’s EDM 310 class. I love the idea of a muscle contest as a fund-raiser. How creative. I think it is so great that we live in a country that is so willing to help the unfortunate and I think that this idea starts when our children are young. Good luck in the contest and I hope that you win! GO VOTE!
    My Blog

2. My name is Robin and I am a student at University of South Alabama. I am in Dr. Strange’s EDM310 class. Beat Ramay Week sounds awesome! I know the students enjoy the opportunity to dress up and show sprit for their school. I believe this type of thing shows the students that they can learn and still have fun. Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing.
    http://garlandrobinedm310.blogspot.com/