Lesson One – 100 Miles and Running

113169-woodland-cross-country-proofOur off season t-shirt that celebrates our 100th mile of training for the year.

While our cross country season is now officially over, we still have a lot of work to do. We will now be moving into our winter off season program where we will still focus on running as well as begin strength training. In addition to our off season runs, I’m playing around with the idea of starting a running club here at Woodland. This came up due to the amount of interest I received from students that are not currently involved with cross country but have a interest in running. I’ve decided to start planning a running club schedule where non cross country students could join in run with us. As of right now this plan is still in the early stages of planning, but I will have more details available later on…stay tuned.

Lesson Two – How Big is Your Muscle? Second Place Big

PA290002Yesterday marked the end of our Flex Off which brought the two horse race between myself and Coach Ariola to a epic finish…and sad to say that I didn’t come out on top. While I was not crowned the flex king of Woodland, the most important thing is that we raised $300 for the United Way. This is especially amazing when you take into consideration that majority of the money that was donated to the flex off was pocket change.

Lesson Three – Do The Ortiz

In my 4th period class a young man named Ortiz has started to blossom into a well known figure in our social studies class and throughout the school. Mainly for performances like the one you see above. Yesterday during our football pep rally, our football players were challenged to a dance off. What started out with over 100 players dancing on the court ended with only Ortiz and one other 9th grader. Ortiz really separated himself from the rest of the performers with dance moves such as the ones you see in the video…truly amazing I know. So be on the look out, because before you know the Ortiz will be sweeping the nation along with the Dougie and the John Wall. Have a great weekend everyone.