Lesson One – No Shave November Gets Dangerous

After much ridicule and many itchy days, I finally gave up on my No Shave November dreams…depressing I know. However, it looks like I got out of the game just in time. As you can see from the video above, it is no longer safe to walk around the streets with a beard…you never know who might cut it off and try to make you eat it! God help us…

Lesson Two – Do The Pre

preEven though I shave off my awesome beard, the facial hair fiasco. I decided since I was going to submit to the anti No Shave November pressure that I might as well pay tribute to a legend on the race track and in the area of facial hair…Steve Prefontane. For those not aware, Prefontane (Pre) was a world class runner back in the 70’s before he was tragically killed in a car crash, so being great cross country coach that I am I decided to shave my beard to resemble that of Pre. Of course I received many strange looks at school, but the best part was when I was encountered by another adult that didn’t know if I was joking or being serious with my facial hair…which always makes for awesomely awkward situations.

Lesson Three – Start a Revolution? Naw, I’d Rather Write a Strongly Worded Letter

With all this talk this week about revolutions in my class, we took some time on Wednesday to actually discuss how to create change in a effective manner. I had some really great input form my students, but the reoccurring theme of the day was if you want to create change then write a strongly worded letter. Now I wasn’t surprised that I heard this response but I was surprised that I heard as many times as I did. I realize that this request for change was all in jest, but it got me thinking…what if we all started writing letters to communicate our dislike for something? Think about it, your thoughts and arguments would be well thought out and help eliminate the dreaded “foot in mouth syndrome”. So next time you find yourself very upset about something, just handle it how Mr. McClung’s McStudents would…let them know how you feel in letter form.

Lesson Four – Give Thanks!

Nothing says the holidays like Charlie Brown…classic.

Today will be our last day of school before we break for the Thanksgiving Holiday here in the US. Our students will be out of school until November 29th for the holiday…so I would like to take this time to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and we’ll see you after the break.