learningOn Friday I introduced to my students a new project which requires them to research a supreme court case that had an impact on Jim Crow laws. As an exit activity on Friday, I requested some feedback from my students as to how effective the activity was…we measured this activity by looking at enjoyment and learning. I drew a chart on my board that included a vertical axis representing how much they enjoy the new Jim Crow Project and the horizontal axis represented how my they were actually learning from this project…and what we were left with was a pretty nice looking scatter chart. Students were asked to leave a “X” or some other type of representation on the chart to gauge where their excitement and learning fit in. While the chart itself is not very impressive it does provide great information for me as a teacher because it gives me an opportunity to gauge the effectiveness of the lesson. The data on the chart is also a more honest representation of what the students truly feel about the lesson because it is not a forced response and it is anonymous.

Mr. McClung