DSC01150Sixth period students checking their stocks on their phones and computers.

Today was our second day of tracking our newly acquired stocks that we bought on Friday. On Friday students were asked to select 3-5 stocks that they would be interested in investing in. Students picked a variety of companies and bought stock in the companies with their $1,000 budget that I gave them.

stocksToday they checked the price of their stock at closing on Friday and recorded it into their logs that they were provided with. After they recorded the progress of their stocks, they were then given the opportunity to buy or sell within their class period. Majority of my students saw this as a great opportunity and jumped right in offering up deals to potential costumers in order to make a profit. For today, some were winners and the majority were losers with the market being down all around…but the good news is, tomorrow is another day and a CHANCE at another dollar.

Mr. McClung

One thought on “Turning Profit”

1. I don’t know a lot about stocks so hopefully I learn a more about that subject! 🙂