It’s that time of year again…it’s the first Tuesday of the school year, time to slap on a tie and wear it with pride. For those of you not aware, Tie Tuesday is a tradition that goes back two years ago in a far away land called Missouri.

When I first started teaching I found that I had an abundance of ties that people had bought over the years and I never wore them. This was a problem that I decided to resolve by simply devoting one day of the week to “playing dress up”. Each Tuesday I wear a tie to school as a way to promote a little bit of professionalism one tie at a time…and to get some use of the many ties I have accumulated over the years.
tieThroughout the years this has become a bit of a novelty in my class. Students have picked up on my dress style and have mimicked it many of times. Pictured above are my 2nd period students from last year on dress like your favorite teacher day.
DSC00458This weekly celebration of ties has become very popular in my class that I have had students that have become Tie Tuesday die hards. In the picture above is my 1st period students from last year. Majority of these students wear ties every Tuesday as a way to pay their respects to this hallowed tradition.

I would like to encourage everyone to take part in this weekly celebration by wearing a tie…many have already taken part in the Tie Tuesday festivities and so should you. Lastly, when you come to schools on Tuesdays there is not a whole lot you can count on…but the one thing you can count on is that Mr. McClung will be wearing a tie. Happy Tie Tuesday.