Lesson One – RALPH

This year we have a new coveted prize on our cross country team. It’s not a trophy or any type of award, but rather a simple t-shirt that says “RALPH”. This shirt is known as the RALPH shirt and someone earns it by “throwing up” during a run…pleasant I know. The intent is to reward kids for running at a high level and these shirts are currently in high demand despite the fact only two have been rewarded. Puke or not, it is fun to watch the kids compete hard on a daily basis.

Lesson Two – Advisory

This week we started our advisory period called GR8. (Great Period). This is an opportunity for students and teachers to develop relationships through a period of activities in a small group setting. The video above is from my first advisory period this year in which we took some time to play an icebreaker activity and listen to a little bit of music. In the game we played students were asked to huddle up in a group depending on the number I call out, after they were in their groups they were given a scene or action to act out…as you can see, in this scene they are acting out “cats drinking milk”.

Lesson Three – BBBBQ

I’m a just a little bitter this week. This week is the annual Bikes, Blues, and BBQ biker rally in Fayetteville, which means thousands of bikers have descended on to our fair town. While this is a fun event, it can be a bit hectic around here when all the bikers are in town. Wherever you go you are followed by loud bikes and traffic delays which tends to make locals like myself a bit grumpy. At the risk of sounding too old for cool events, I’m over Bikes, Blues, and BBQ.

Mr. McClung