Lesson One – Geeking It with Running

One accomplishment that I’m very proud of is how our cross country program has developed in the short period of time that I have been here. Since I’ve been here I’ve seen the program go from being a after thought with only 14 total members to being the second largest athletic program in our school with 49 total members. The kids are competing for top positions in every meet and people are really starting to take notice to the work that we have been putting in. I’m very proud of our kids and I’m hoping we can finish the year on a high note with only 3 meets left in the season.

Lesson Two – Sharing is Caring

Today we will be mercifully putting our “create your own country” projects to a rest. Because of our projects there has been a lack of exciting stuff going on in our classroom, which has equated to a slow week of blogging for me. We have spent a little over a week putting together these countries and the students have really seemed to enjoy the process. We will being completing the final stage of our projects by utilizing the sharing feature that Google Docs provides…more updates and results from this project will come next week.

Lesson Three – Ortiz Strikes Again

Daniel Ortiz is infamous for hijacking people’s phones and committing all kinds of mischief…and I’m not too proud to say that I now belong to the club of Ortiz’s victims. Daniel came into my room today for his normal causal chat, as he usually does, and at some point he managed to take my phone and change it to the picture that you see above. I never saw it coming…he struck like a ninja. 

Lesson Four – Early Out for Students

Students, don’t come to school today because I will not teach you if you show up. Tomorrow will be an in-service day for teachers while students get the day off…lucky.

Mr. McClung