Usually I try my best to not repeat any of our former band of the week selections, but with a music video as cool as the one above I had to make Black Keys the band of the week despite being a BOTW in the past.

The Black Keys are an American rock duo consisting of vocalist/guitarist Dan Auerbach and drummer/producer Patrick Carney. The band was formed in Akron, Ohio, in 2001. As of October 2011, the band has sold over 2 million albums in the U.S. On the heals of hugely popular album, Brothers, The Black Keys began recording for their seventh studio album around March 2011. The album El Camino is due to be released on December 6, 2011. In the meantime you can listen to the song titled, Stack Gun Billy, by clicking on the player below.

Mr. McClung

3 thoughts on “Lonely Boy”

1. Mr. McClung,

I am an edm310 student at the University of South Alabama. I want to start off by saying that I have really enjoyed visiting your class blog. I also enjoyed watching the band of the week, The Black Keys. It was a great video. Good choice! I had never heard of this duo before now, but after watching and listening to that video it makes me eager to google and find more of there music. I wanted to also let you know that I think it is great that your class have blog. Technology is such a great learning tool for the classroom. All students should be using some type of it. I hope to one day use technology, such as computers and smart boards in my classroom.

Mallory Moon

2. Hi my name is Hannah Still and I am in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. I am so excited that you put this video on your blog! I saw this video last week and loved it! The Black Keys are an amazing band. I think that this song is one of their bests. Thank you so much for your post.

3. My name is Bretta Wright. I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. The Black Keys are amazing. Before your blog, I had never heard of them. I love bands that are outside of the normal realm of music today.