Lección Uno -New Digs

IMG_0031This week was a big week for us here in my classroom in more ways than just one. All the excitement over our fundraiser has overshadowed a couple of new additions to our classroom. This week we received a new document camera and a new to us Interwrite board. Both of these tech tools were much welcomed and are already making huge contributions in the short time they have been there. Myself and my students are very happy to have both of these new pieces of technology and the condition of our classroom now is a far cry from what it started out as way back in August.

Lección Dos – The Pencil Sharpener

IMG_0027Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the most high tech gadget we got this week…an pencil sharpener. Not just any pencil sharpener…but an ELECTRIC pencil sharpener. Since the beginning of school, my students have tirelessly cranked this hand sharpener you see above day after day. What’s wrong with the sharpener? Oh nothing too terribly wrong…in fact, I’m sure it was a top of the line sharpener in 1990. However, it has grown a little old and tends to ruthlessly chew up pencils. So needless to say, this new sharpener is definitely welcomed by my students and me as well since a new sharpener means that I no longer have to sharpen their pencils when they can’t seem to work the old one.

Lección Tres – Unusual Hair Styles

IMG_0033While it has been well documented how my hair has changed in the past week, there has been several other hair styles that have caught some attention in our school this week. The young lady (Maddie) shown above was included in our lessons learned several weeks back (including her friends) for a brownie fundraiser in which they raised money for Susan G. Komen for The Cure. After throwing around the idea of the boys in our class shaving their heads for cancer awareness, Maddie and her friends were quick to find a way to get involved in awareness…that didn’t include shaving their heads. These girls decided to dye on pink strip in their hair to not only bring awareness to this cause but also show their support for our fundraising effort. These are just a couple of the several pink stripped girls running around our school and it’s great to see them take pride in the cause we have been supporting. Have a great weekend everyone.

One thought on “Lessons Learned”